Latest Team Rankings
Free Rivals Alerts
|ShopMobileRadio RSSRivals.com Yahoo! Sports|
|College Teams||High Schools|
June 18, 2012
Peoples still undecided
JonRyheem Peoples. Internet rumor abounded that the 6-foot-6 inch, 298 pound lineman had decommitted from BYU and switched his pledge to Utah.It's been a crazy day for Rigby, Idaho defensive lineman
However, according to Peoples, that hasn't happened just yet. Peoples, who initially met Utah coaches at last weekend's All Poly Camp following his commitment to BYU just days before, took an unofficial visit to Utah this morning and received his first Pac-12 offer.
"I just got done at the University of Utah talking to all of the coaches. [Coach Whittingham] offered me a full ride and asked if I'd like to become a Ute and I told him yes. He asked if I was committed or not. [Me and my family] are talking about it right now. It's just a hard decision to make and we're weighting it out right now," he said.
Although he likes both BYU and Utah, the Utes appear to have an edge at the moment for Peoples. "Utah right now is looking a little bit better. I could graduate early [from high school] with them and enroll in time for spring, where with BYU I couldn't do that, so that's a pro for [Utah]. Another pro [for Utah] is NFL exposure wise where Utah has almost double the guys that BYU has right now. Both schools are losing D linemen, so I have a chance to play early for both of them. So I'm kind of weighing my options right now," he said.
According to Peoples, although he committed during BYU's junior day, it was a soft verbal and he was still planning on evaluating other options. "Even though I committed, my options are still open because I hadn't seen other campuses besides BYU. Now I'm just weighing my options and just getting a feel for both. Getting the pros and cons for each of them," he said.
Peoples is meeting with his family right now to decide where he'll spend his future. A final decision could come as soon as tonight, but Peoples maintains that he hasn't made a final decision as of yet. "That's what the meeting is right now. Trying to decide about what to do now. I'm trying to decide while I've got my family with me in Salt Lake City," he said.